Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shame on me, Jets.



Why did I waste my time?  Why did I get so excited after a few wins against the Bills, Panthers and Bucs?  Did I really think this team was going to make the playoffs?  Hey, we even got some of the help we needed today as the Titans beat the Dolphins in overtime in Nashville.  Oh well, it's all for not now and I sit here feeling like a lover of mine has cheated on me and left me all alone.  It was a game the Jets controlled for what felt like 59 minutes of the game.  Problem was they couldn't muster up any points beyond the touchdown pass from Sanchez to Edwards.  A botched field goal attempt on a bad snap.  A missed field goal by Feely.  A blocked field goal.  A personal foul penalty on Thomas Jones that moved the Jets out of field goal range after a first down.  The bottom line, the same old thing from this franchise that has been torturing me for a good 25 plus years it seems like.

The defense was stout all day, but on the final drive they gave up a touchdown on 4th and goal, needing a stop to seal the win.  Now they certainly are not to blame, they were great all day and the offense failed to deliver a knockout punch and they certainly had plenty of opportunities to put this game away.  Six of the seven Jet losses this year have been in heartbreaking fashion, boy they love toying with their die-hard fans this year.  I'm truly not sure how much of this I can take.  Trying to figure out what I can do to take my mind off the disaster that was the Jet game today.  Maybe I can find some re-runs of Jersey Shore on MTV to help ease the pain.  I told a friend of mine a little while ago that I was done, I've had enough and I can't handle anymore of this from this franchise.  I can't count the times I've said that in the past.  It's the same old song and dance from me.  Like my friend Rob just said, less than 2 months until pitchers and catchers report.  Until the next heartbreak, see you later Jets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment